Low-Cost Blood Testing by Valley Health Lab Services
We are pleased to announce discounted rates at the
Community Wellness Festival from 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on February 23, 2019 at the Apple Blossom
Mall. Staff from Valley Health Lab Services will perform collections and
vouchers will be offered for your convenience if you choose to have the
specimen collected on a different date. Customers with vouchers can present
to any Valley Health lab draw center to have the specimen collected. Locations
can be found at valleyhealthlink.com/LabServices. Vouchers are redeemable
We will be offering the following blood tests at discounted rates:
• Community (General) Wellness Panel $45
- Complete Blood Count (CBC), Comprehensive Metabolic Chemistry Panel (CMP),
Lipid Profile, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) – see back
for test descriptions
• Prostatic Specific Antigen (PSA) $15
- Measures the level of prostate specific antigen, a protein produced by
the cells of the prostate gland. This test has been approved to detect
prostate cancer and other abnormalities in males.
• C-Reactive Protein – high sensitivity (hsCRP) $15
- Used to predict a person’s risk of cardiovascular disease
• Vitamin D $20
- Determines the level of vitamin D. Low levels of vitamin D can result in
a decrease in bone density and muscle weakness.
• Hemoglobin A1C (HgbA1C) $20
- Determines the average blood glucose levels over the past two to three
months and used to diagnose diabetes and to monitor diabetic patients.
CBC – A complete blood count (CBC) gives important information about
the kinds and numbers of cells in the blood, especially red blood cell,
white blood cells, and platelets. A CBC helps your doctor check symptoms
such as weakness, fatigue, or bruising, you may have. A CBC also helps
him or her diagnose conditions, such as anemia, infection, and many other
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel – A comprehensive metabolic panel
is a blood test that measures your sugar (glucose) level, electrolyte
and fluid balance, kidney function, and liver function.
Lipid Profile – A lipid profile is a series of tests that measures
the amount of the different types of cholesterol — low density lipoproteins
(LDL), high density lipoproteins (HDL) and triglycerides in your blood.
TSH – A blood test used to check for thyroid gland problems.
Please note fasting may be required.